Pendleside Medical Practice

Useful Information and Contacts

Use the drop down menu below, to navigate through our directory of useful contact Information.

Age UK
In England, call Age UK Advice: 0800 169 65 65.

Citizens Advice
National network of centres offering free, confidential and
independent advice, face-to-face or by telephone.
In England, call Adviceline: 0800 144 8848

For online information and to find details of your
nearest Citizens Advice:
In England:

Official government website providing information on a range
of topics including benefits, housing, employment, pensions
and health services.




Age UK’s online benefits calculator can help you work out
what you might be entitled to.
Tel: 0800 169 65 65.

Carer’s Allowance Unit
Government service providing information on Carer’s Allowance
and how to claim it.
Tel: 0800 731 0297.

Disability Service Centre
Government service providing information about claiming
disability benefits.

For Disability Living Allowance if you were born on or before
8 April 1948:
Tel: 0800 731 0122
Textphone: 0800 731 0317.

For Disability Living Allowance if you were born after 8 April
Tel: 0800 121 4600
Textphone: 0800 121 4523

For Attendance Allowance

Tel: 0800 731 0122
Textphone: 0800 731 0317.

For Personal Independence Payment:
Tel: 0800 121 4433
Textphone: 0800 121 4493.
In Northern Ireland, contact the Disability and Carers Service.
Tel: 0800 587 0912.

Equity Release Council.
Trade association for providers of equity release schemes that
comply with a code of conduct.
Tel: 0300 012 0239.

Future Pension Centre.
Government service providing information about the State
Pension, including forecasts and how to claim.
Tel: 0800 731 0175.

Free service offering impartial information about financial
products and services, as well as tips on everyday money
Tel: 0800 138 7777.

National Debtline.
National helpline for people with debts, giving free, impartial
advice and support.
Tel: 0808 808 4000.

Age UK.
Age UK provide a range of resources on housing, from information
guides on Adapting your home and Housing options to detailed
factsheets on tenants’ rights.
Tel: 0800 169 65 65.

National charity providing accommodation for older people
with varying levels of support.
Tel: 01727 857536.

DLF (formerly the Disabled Living Foundation).
Charity that provides information about disability equipment
and assisted products.
Tel: 0300 999 0004.

Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC).
Charity that provides details of specialist housing for older
people across the UK. It also offers information on care,
housing and finance options through its HOOP tool.

Age UK.
Age UK publish a range of resources on social care, from 
information guides, on topics such as Advice for carers, Care homes, Caring for
someone with dementia and Getting help at home to detailed
factsheets on finding and paying for care. 
Tel: 0800 169 65 65.

Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Independent regulator of health and social care services
in England. It can provide lists of care providers in an area,
care provider inspection reports and hospital performance
ratings. It also assesses local councils.
Tel: 03000 616161.

Care Rights UK
Charity for care home residents and their relatives, offering
information, advice and support.
Tel: 020 7359 8136

Carers UK.
Charity providing advice, information and support for carers.
Tel: 0808 808 7777.

Carers Trust.
Charity offering practical help and assistance to carers.
In England, call: 0300 772 9600.